Monday, July 27, 2009

Week 6 - 122 Miles

In the water: 2.37 miles - 1 hour 15 minutes
On Rocky: 96 miles - 5 hours 51 minutes
In my Asics: 24.1 - 4 hours 5 minutes
On the bosu ball: 2 hours


Total Mileage - 122.47 miles, 11 hours and 11 minutes
(and 2 hours of strength training...)

I'm not quite an Ironman this week. Siiigh.

It was a tough week. Coming off last weekends 12 mile run and 100 mile bike, I knew this week would be tough. I was surprisingly okay until the weekend - my legs felt like they were made of lead on our 15 mile run and the hilly bike was TOUGH. My goal for the bike ride was to ride the first 45 at my normal speed and then just relax and chill for the last 20 miles. I acheived all my goals so all in all, it was a success.

That being said, I am exhausted. I took a 2 hour nap yesterday, went to bed at 8:30PM and I am still tired. On my way to the park this morning, I tried to rationalize closing my eyes for just a few minutes (while driving!)...that's how you know you're tired. I'm bailing on core today and am going to get a manicure...my body will thank me. I plan on working out tomorrow and Wednesday and then it's recovry time in Colorado with Paige and Zach. Yeehaw!!

No comments: