Monday, July 06, 2009

Wake Up Call!

After my swim this morning, I got a text from my neighbor. It said:

Shots fired on our street down the block as Dora and I were running - no good this morning for running guys. It was no more than 50m from our house.


Awesome. When I got more information, it turns out that he and his wife were running down our street when they saw two guys with guns and decided to turn around...as they were running, they heard shots being fired. Turns out the shooter just grazed his pal, but the cops and ambulance came and hopefully took them both away for good.

Later, I recieved this text from him:

There were RPG's, AK-47 assault rifles, 2 mexicans and a partridge in a pear tree.


I just can't escape the crime. Word to the wise - never move anywhere near me. I'm like a magnet for the villians.

3 comments:

ErinB said...

CHRISTY!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOVE! Seriously, what are you waiting for?! MOOOOOOOOOOVE! NOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Allison said...

Dude that's scary! and i don't care what blogger says post your race report already! I'm dying to read about it!!!

I tagged you in my last post too... totally pointless but I'm bored at work!

Love and Puppies, Christy said...

Siiiigh. It doesn't matter where I live, the crime follows me. In my first house, we were robbed while we were sleeping. Then the next door neighbors had a guy living in their garage office. Then we moved and our next door neighbors were robbed mid-day while we were home. Then we moved and people get shot on our street. Gotta love inner-city livin'. C'est la vie. :(