Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 9 - 88 Miles

In the water: 0 miles - 0 minutes. Ooops.
On Rocky: 63 miles - 3 hours 24 minutes
In my Asics: 25.12 miles - 4 hours 17 minutes
On the bosu ball: 4 hours


Total Mileage - 88 miles - 7 hours and 41 minutse

Yeah, that's right. That averages out to 1 hour and 6 minutes everyday. Slacker!

In my defense, it WAS a recovery week AND the miles that I put in were hard miles, not chillin'. AND I only worked out 5 days, so, really, I averaged an hour and half each day. But still, I know I know. Slacker!!

I took time off of swimming...my shoulder has REALLY been bothering me so I figured total rest might help. Biking aggrevates it a little, but overall, it was much better this week. AND I possibly broke my pinky finger at some point in the night last week...which makes swimming tough.

I did 2 pretty tough running workouts - Monday I did 400x400's and Wednesday I did 8-60x60s. I did both at a pretty full out pace and felt decent. Tuesday, we did a Turbo Tuesday Transition workout that was a lot of fun - 10 minutes hard on the bike, 10 minute hard run, 8 minutes hard on the bike, 8 minute hard run, etc...it was fun. Don liked getting to go on multiple walks. Ha. Friday was long (but was short since it was recovery week) run, we did 10 miles at about a 10:10 pace and I felt pretty good. Focusing on increasing my turnover has REALLY helped. Long(ish) bike on Saturday - 43 miles - and I FINALLY felt my legs come back.

I've been pushing my run so hard lately that I knew SOMETHING would have to give and my biking ha sbeen suffering in silence. I'm going to try a more balanced approach from now on...we will see. If my workout today is any indication, I'm totally screwed. GST's...running sets of 400 with weights in between...1st set - 1:38, 2nd set - 1:48, 3rd set - 1:49, 4th set - 1:52 (ouch), 5th set - 1:48...and a 2 mile cool down. I ran with a guy named Tommy who does triathlons who is not my husband. Kind of creepy.

I need to get my biking back on track...my running has always been slow, it won't be terribly upsetting if it continues to be slow. No need to worry about that now!

2 weeks till Hotter N Hell and then 2 more weeks till PrairieMan!!

No comments: