Thursday, June 18, 2009

So Far, So Good.

Or at the very least, so far, I'm still alive.

This week has been interesting - I've had some GREAT workouts and some craaaaappy workouts.

Monday I went to the pool. It was gonna be a short one because I had a doctors appointment at 7am so I made sure to push it for the full 45 minutes. I got in about a mile and half of intervals and felt really good. It was my first great swim in awhile. I was sad to cut it short...and then my swimp3 died and I was okay with leaving.

Tuesday Tommy and I did a workout on the trainer and then went for a jog. The trainer workout was great, but the run was very very very bad. My legs felt fabulous, but my b00bs, not so much. I was wearing a crappy sports bra that was probably 3 sizes too big, which is fine for biking, but dear Lord, I wanted to die. I ran 1 mile out before I realized the girls weren't going to make it - I turned around and headed home.

The trainer workout was:
20 minute warm up
2x(20 sec fast/40 sec easy, 40 sec fast/20 sec easy)
4x4 min 90+rpms, 3 min easy between each
2x(20 sec fast/40 sec easy, 40 sec fast/20 sec easy)
2x4 min 90+rpms, 3 min easy between each
15 min cool down

Followed by a 2 mile run.

It was fun! Except for the jiggly bits part.

On Wednesday, we met our marathon training group for a General Strength Training (GST) workout. I finally, for the first time ever, actually thought I was going to puke after one of the sets. I was so proud. Max HR is officially 187. Apparently.

Wednesdays workout was:

1.5 mile warm up
Drills and stretching

800m at 5K pace
18 burpees
45 crunches
18 pushups
24 squats
800m at 5K pace
18 dumbbell presses with squats
45 low back extensions
10 feet elevated pushups
20 lunges EACH LEG (ow!)
26 bench dips
800m at 5K pace
18 burpees
45 crunches
18 pushups
24 squats
800m at 5K pace
18 dumbbell presses with squats
45 low back extensions
10 feet elevated pushups
20 lunges EACH LEG (ow!)
26 bench dips
800m at 5K pace

1 mile cool down
Stretching and core

I hit max HR on the 4th 800...go me! However, when you reach max HR before the end, the end will suuuuuck. So, my last 800 was about 20 sec slower than all the others...ooops.

Thursday I went to the pool, but my googles sucked, I sucked, blah!! I got about 30 minutes of quality swimming in, but the rest was a joke. Luckily, Francis and I went for a faaaabulous bike ride at lunch that made my swim seem stupid. I redeemed myself! Can I just take a minute to talk about how lucky I am to have a job where I can go ride my bike for an hour at lunch in a beautiful park? Siiigh. It made my day.

I'm taking tomorrow off...because the schedule says thats okay and I want to make sure I'm ready for BSLT next weekend!! My legs are a little tired but not sore and overall, I feel pretty rested...at least for me. The bike ride at lunch really lifted my spirits from a dreary swim and a 4 hour meeting!

Saturday we are doing an 11ish mile run with HoustonFit and then on Sunday we have a 52 mile bike planned. It's gonna be a gorgeous weekend...is it here yet??

Good luck to the IMCDAers out there!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Keep it up! I have been keeping up my schedule too!Rode 18 miles 2x this week,and Chuck & I have a 30 mile ride planned on Sunday! ~natalie

Love and Puppies, Christy said...

Thanks friend! Nice job on the rides!! Is Micah gonna sleep through this bike ride too?? Tell Chuck I say hi! I miss you guys! HHH will be here soon!! (Oh, an FYI, the hotels sell out pretty fast, so if you are planning on staying the night, I'd go ahead and plan it...)