Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Buffalo Springs Lake Ironman 70.3

My next race is the Buffalo Springs Lake Ironman 70.3 in Lubbock, TX on June 28.

I was feeling really prepared - my swim has gotten better, my bike has gotten better (especially now that I have Rocky!) and my run is still crappy, but I don't think it's gotten worse. But like I said, I WAS feeling really prepared until we drove to Montomery this weekend for a tough hill ride...and I sucked. Really really sucked. We averaged about 18mph over the course of the ride, but there were times when I was chugging up a hill at 10mph. Shoot me.

And then today, I noticed that BSLT had posted an elevation chart of the ride. I'm gonna die brotha.

I need to get back out to Montgomery to ride those hills, but there's no time! There's never any time!!

Put your mind to it, go for it. Get down and break a sweat. Rock and roll, you ain't seen nothing yet!!

Shouts out to Allison for signing up for her next race and Francis for his second race this weekend!! Good luck!!

No comments: