Thursday, June 04, 2009

Legs. Still. Hurting. Ow.

Surprise surprise. I'm sore today. 50ish lunges on each leg + 50ish squats + squat dumbbell presses = OUCHIE. I thought I was in shape. I'm not.

I woke up in the middle of the night to pee and when I got back into bed I said to Tommy, "Don't get up, it's hurts". Seriously. I would have rather peed the bed than endure that pain.

Sooo, I decided to take the day off. I think I needed it, regardless of my level of soreness, so today seemed like a good call. It was really hard not to bring a gymbag with me though. I have gotten into such a habit that leaving home without a gymbag loaded up with stuff was traumatic. Because WHAT IF I felt good after work and wanted to work out but didn't have stuff? That would suck. But I talked myself out of it. I don't need to work out today.

At lunch I went to the gym (I mean, I can't take the day of entirely, that would be silly)...I did some stretching and a little bit of core work, but mostly stretching. And then I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes. So it was like having the day off. Almost.

I'm feeling guilty about my chill day...but I know it's what my body needs. I'll do an easy swim tomorrow and hopefully be ready for the weekend - a semi-long ride/swim and a semi-long run.

An unrelated comment: An old friend of mine, Jessica Gage, passed away this morning after battling a brain tumor for several years. Although I haven't seen her in years, she was a great friend and a wonderful person who died too young. Please keep her friends and family in your thoughts as they go through this difficult time.

No comments: