Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Olympic Dreams

The olympic trials for the marathon are coming here in 2012...OMG. The race will be the day before the Houston Marathon and I can't wait to compete. I'll probably run both days.

Ha.

On a serious note, this is very exciting news. This race will bring amazing athletes to town and I can't wait to watch them!

On an unserious note, I did a track workout this morning. We did 5x800's and then 4x100's. I've never run just 100 meters before and it was interesting to say the least. The first thing I noticed is that I don't lace my shoes tightly enough for running that fast. The second thing I noticed was that no matter how fast I was running I will never be fast.

Siiigh.

During those 100m sprints, I would swear to you that I was a running goddess. I was flying like the wind. I could have qualified for the olympics. I was a winner. I hath ne'er run so fast. It felt amazing.

And then I got lapped by Adam on his cool down.

He is always one upping me. I run the marathon in 4 hours, he runs it in 3. I run 100 meters as fast as I can, he runs a mile...faster. Jerk.

Someday my little ones, someday.

Or not. The closest I will ever get to being fast is to sit on the side of the road at the Olympic trials in 2012. I better start training now.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

oooh, the olympic trials were litterally right outside my apartment in boston/cambridge last time and it was REALLY exciting seeing everyone. the athletes that definitely weren't going to the olympics were just so excited and happy to be there. and it was weird that people were last in the race-but still really really fast. you for sure should go see them!! so cool you might be racing the next day too!! talk about motivation!

all the power to you for doing 100s. i NEVER do short stuff.