Sunday, November 08, 2009

Week 21 - 149 Miles

In the water: 1.37 miles - 43 minutes.
On Rocky: 120 miles - 6 hours 15 minutes.
In my Asics: 28 miles - 4 hours 18 minutes
On the bosu ball: 1 hour

Total Mileage - 149.38 miles - 11 hours and 14 minutes

OMG. I had the best training weekend EVER. I was starting to lose faith that I could actually bike 112 miles and then run a marathon because my last few weekends had gone so poorly, but finally, FINALLY this past weekend I had an amazing ride and an amazing run.

I kind of took it easy all week - my swim on Tuesday just sucked, I was violently ill on Wednesday so I took the day off, Thursday biking was okay and I took Friday off because I always take Fridays off...so I was primed and rested for the weekend.

My little sister, Cathy, had tried to bail on her marathon debut on Friday afternoon, and I wrote (what I would consider) an inspirational email to her...which was actually a selfish act because I needed to write that email more than she needed to read it. This is all hard...and that's why we do it. I needed that pumped into my brain.

Anyways, I NEEDED Saturday's ride to go well...and it did. We rocked it. I led the entire way with Tommy well behind me (not because he couldnt keep up but because he didn't want to draft)...and we averaged 18.8 mph for 90 miles. That ain't bad my friends. The way out was absolutely no wind, averaging about 20mph and the way back was totally into the wind and we averaged about 17.5mph. It was a fabulous ride. It was just what I needed. My confidence in my biking is back. Thank goodness!

And then I thought my run today would suck because the ride went so well yesterday...well, a 25K in 2 hours and 26 minutes ain't bad my friends! I felt like a million bucks.

I'm ready.

I'm ready for the Ironman. 3 weeks of taper and it's here. I can't believe it. FINALLY. My time is almost here.

Congrats to all the Florida finishers! You guys all did great - Cassie, Kathleen, Johnny, Ingrid, Chad, Kim - hooray! I'm GREEN with envy. Sooooo jealous.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You go girl! You are in the home stretch, just think of the fun Cozumel sun

Love and Puppies, Christy said...

Thank you Natalie! I can't believe it's almost here! AHHHH! My legs are so tired...