Monday, October 19, 2009

Week 18 - 172 Miles

In the water: 3.2 miles - 1 hour 46 minutes.
On Rocky: 147 miles - 9 hours 0 minutes
In my Asics: 22 miles - 3 hours 40 minutes
On the bosu ball: 2 hours

Total Mileage - 172.2 miles - 14 hours and 26 minutes

Despite the significant decrease in overall mileage this week, this was probably the hardest week I've had yet. My workouts were just hard, not because they were intense, but because my body was rejecting me everytime I put one foot in front of the other. It was screaming for me to stop. I was emotionally and physically drained. And I may or may not have tried to do a little too much in the evenings, which I'm sure didn't help. I got free tickets to U2 - what am I gonna do? Say no? Pa-sha!

But I learned my lesson! I will not be having any outings during the week for the next two weeks..sorry pals!

By Thursday evening, I was able to turn my mood and body around - I squeezed in a wonderful 4 mile run that I desperately needed and it turned my frown upside down! Saturday I did a nice easy 12 miler with my friend, grabbed a delicious breakfast at The Breakfast Klub with LauraB, and hit up Lake 288 for a freezing hour and half swim. I almost pussed out during the swim, but knew that Tommy would make fun of me, so I HTFUed and finished it up. It was rough. FYI - egg sandwiches and swimming = not so much.

Sunday we met a pretty large group at the Bronco Burrito in Pearland for a 115 mile ride. Surprisingly, I was able to keep up with the lead pack fo rthe first 80 miles...now this may be because they were waiting for me, but regardless, I felt pretty awesome to be the only chick in a group of guys. And there was never a line for the bathroom! HOORAY! At mile 80, the wheels started to fall off though...but I got some delcious cookies (remind me to put cookies in special needs bag, they get me through pain everytime) and we were able to finish relatively strong. The wind was brutal, but we averaged about 18.5mph while riding (not including stopped time).

But the best part was heading to Kemah for a tasty seafood lunch on the boardwalk...it was a gorgeous day and even though we were smelly, it reminded me, once again, how grateful I am that Tommy and I can train together. It was the perfect day.

Only two more hard weeks left and then it's home free. We are planning on running 21 miles before work on Thursday...hopefully my foot can hold out!! And then a century ride in Springtown...then the wedding of Vince and Ruthie - hello open bar after burning 3000 calories! Danger danger! Mental note, find a designated driver...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll drive you on Saturday! You've earned it. ~natalie

Love and Puppies, Christy said...

Thanks Natalie! I'll owe you!