Monday, February 16, 2009

The Weekend.

This was my first weekend of working least it was my first weekend of working out in awhile. It is SOOO hard for me to work out on both days of the weekend. I'm used to having Friday and Sunday off, so working out all three days is hard for me to wrap my brain around.

I bailed on the Friday workout - my parents were coming in town and I had rehab in the morning. There just wasn't enough time. And the Friday workouts are optional and easy anyway. It's more of an active recovery day instead of a workout.

Friday night my parents got in town around 8:30, we hurried them back out the door so we could grab some Cafe Adobe before the show at the Improv at 10:30. Cafe Adobe was usual and worth every single delicious calorie. The show at the Improv was funny, but the openers were way more funny than the headliner, Pablo Fransisco. He mostly just makes sound effects and segues into each soundeffect by saying, "ARe you in good hands?" from the Allstate commercial. It just wasn't that funny. Around 1am, when the show still wasn't over, the Bennett clan left...Pablo just wasn't worth staying up till 4am for. Sorry Pablo. The openers were hysterical though.

We got into bed around 2. Ouch. Mom probably hasn't stayed up that long in decades. Ha. Tommy and I got up early and went for a 9 mile-ish jog. We took it easy - my knee is still very questionable. It didn't hurt too bad, but it was ready to be done when I got home. Then mom and I went for a 3ish mile walk with her pooch. It was a nice morning. We all showered and ate and then drove up to the park to play frisbee golf...we had water bottles full of wine, some baguettes and some tasty cheese - Cantal, Gouda and Pepper Gouda - DELICIOUS! We ate and played around in the park. Mom and I were exceptionally bad at the golfing. Who knew? Cathy was a natural...I think it's because she didn't drink as much. Haha. It started raining, so we went home and made dinner of prime rib, scallops and mac and cheese. Dinner of champions!! We watched season 1 of How I Met Your Mother, aka the The GREATEST SHOW EVER! and went to bed early.

Sunday, we got breakfast at Cedar Creek, which was okay, and the parents left to head back to Dallas. I took a nap and when the sum came out around 3, Tommy and I went for a 30ish mile bike ride. On our way home we stopped at Cedar Creek (again) to have some beers with Froehlich. Got home, made dinner and went to bed early.

All in all, a fabulous weekend. My family is amazing and I am so lucky to have them!!

I swam this morning - only about 45 minutes though. I wanted to take it easy to see how my shoulder reacted. It seemed okay, but I didn't want to push it too much. I did 7x100 easy on 15 sec rest, 4x200 hard on 20 sec rest and then 5x100 easy on 15 sec rest. I figured out the volume on my SwiMP3, so it was pretty magical. I'm gonna do core and my rehab stretching at lunch...big fun.

And Facebook is gone at work again. Today is a sad sad sad sad day.

No comments: