Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Awkward Turtle.

I had my first uncomfortable belly rub today.

I, surprisingly, have not been as irritated by strangers touching me and asking me questions as I thought I would be. I've found that, in general, as long as they aren't creepy about it, it really just doesn't bother me. This is very out of character for me, as I am generally a nasty sort, but it seriously doesn't bother me. Much.

The strange female bartender rubbed my belly. That was okay. The strange female cashier at the grocery store asked questions. That was okay. The strange female lifeguard asked questions. That was okay. The strange lady in the locker room rubbed my belly (after I was fully clothed). That was okay. The strange male co-worker rubbed my belly in the elevator. Totally NOT okay.

I mean, he wasn't being creepy and wasn't intending to be wierd, but dude. It was wierd. And it was in an elevator. And I had no where to go. I just turned around to end the conversation and started pressing all of the buttons. And then I got off on the next floor to escape.

But really, all in all, I've found that I am a lot more tolerant of people than I (and all my friends/family) thought I would be. People's rude and irritating questions don't really bother me like I thought they would. In general people are interested and just don't know what to say...and that's okay. The intent is there and I get that...and I appreciate your interest in me and my baby. Even if you sound like an ignorant buffoon. I know I have asked some ignorant buffoon questions and said some dumb sh1t at some point in my life. We can just cut each other some slack. Okay?

When people ask me wierd/inappropriate questions, I tend to answer them totally truthfully which I think freaks people out (only partially my intent). But hey, if you ask about my sex life, I'm gonna tell you about my sex life! Graphically. With pictures. If you ask how I'm feeling and I haven't pooped in 3 weeks, well, I'm gonna tell you about it. Graphically. Possibly with pictures. And if you want to feel my belly, I'll probably let you. Unless we are stuck on an elevator and/or you are creepy.

No comments: