Thursday, November 10, 2005

Stupid Ass Dance Class

I got kicked out of my very first dance class today. Faaaaantastic.

First of all, let me preface this with:

A.) This entry is not humorous. It if for theraputic purposes only.
B.)I go to the Houston Metropolitan Dance Center. I take the Open Adults classes. Tonight, it was intermediate/advanced. I would consider myself an intermediate/advanced dancer. I can no longer put my legs behind my head, but I would venture to say that very few 25 year-olds can.

I am the only person over the age of 14 in the class. Okay, that's a lie...I bet a few girls were able to drive themselves...with mom in the car. Drivers permits rock. They can all put their legs behind their heads.

My hip kind of hurts, hence, I went to dance class instead of running. I thought maybe it would help the problem...kind of a break of from the ol' rountine. Ya know? So, when I get there, I tell Stephen (Mr. Dance Teacher Man) that my hip hurts and I probably can't do some of the stretching full out...sorry. He is okay with that plan. Warm-up and across the floor went great. Did some turns, yada yada yada, leap leap leap... and now it's time for the combination!

Well, as it turns out, Mr. Dance Teacher Man wants to teach the same combination he taught last week. AND, as it turns out, all the other girls in the class already know. How convenient for Mr. Dance Teacher Man. He doesn't have to teach it again. GREAT! Oh wait, Christy doesn't know the combination, but that's okay, we don't need to teach it to her. We'll just let her stand around and look dumb. Let the 14 year-olds dance around her! Sounds like a plan Stan!!

When Mr. Dance Teacher Man started getting on to me about my lack of knowledge of the combination, I asked it I could leave and get my $5 back. He proceeded to kick me out, while cussing and creating a scene. He just wanted to make sure I knew who he was. I said that I didn't care who he was, I wanted to learn the conbination that I paid for, but he wasn't teaching it to me because all the other girls knew it already. He told me that it was an advanced class and myabe I shouldn't be there...um, sir, I come to this class all the time. Idiot. He proceeded to yell at me to leave...of course, my shoes are on the other side of the room. So he yells it a couple of times. Now, all the 14 year-olds are staring.

Anyways, I leave, I get my $5 CREDIT (they won't just give me the cash), which means I have to go back there to get my money back. GREAT.

Can I just say that that was one of the more humiliating experiences of my life? It's an OPEN class...not a company class. And it is an ADULT class...not daycare. I shouldn't be expected to know the combination already.

ASSHOLE. So, for the time being, I hate the Houston Met. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

No comments: