Wednesday, November 23, 2005

ROOPHIES!!

Yup, you heard me right. Roophies. Rohipnol - or however you spell it. I had some dental work done on Friday, and as most people who know me know, I am absolutely horrified of the dentist (along with pretty much everything else in the world). At my last appointment, the doc was telling me about the procedure - I was supposed to be getting a crown done. He was telling me about the TV that I could watch the whole procedure on...yada yada yada. My response to that was,"If I can see a TV in the room, you haven't given me enough drugs". So, he says, we'll give you something fantastic. Stronger than valium - much stronger - and it will make you sleepy. GREAT!

Well, since it is a controlled substance, you can only get it the day before and it requires about 37 signed papers from the doctor. So, on Thursday, I go get the prescription - my doc asks if I have a boyfriend. I think this is wierd. I say no. He says that is too bad becuase I could have had a lot of fun drugging him and then taking advantage if I had one. Hahahaha. ARE you kidding me?

There are specific instructions on what to take and when. There are 2 types of pills. One bottle has 3 pills in it - we will call them red pills. One bottle has 2 pills in it - we will call them blue pills. I am supposed to take on red pill before I go to bed on Thursday night to help me sleep well. Then a red and a blue pill an hour and half before my appt on Friday. That leaves an extra red pill and an extra blue pill. So, I decide that I should OBVIOUSLY take those too.

Ed picks me up, apparently, takes me to the dentist...I get some work done, apparently, and Kate picks me up to take me home. All I remember of the appointment is me trying to stick my tongue in the hole where the cavity once was, and then the dentist getting angry that I won't stop. But that's it.

I know that I fell asleep on the couch when I got home. I know that at some point I thought it would be a good idea to light candles. Oh yea, roophied girls and fire - good combo!! I moved to my bed and slept there for awhile. I remember a few bits and pieces from Friday night, but thats about it. I think I "drunk dialed" a few people....never a good idea.

When I woke up on Saturday morning, there were Taco Bell wrappers all over the kitchen that Donny the Dog had dug out of the trashcan. I didn't know where they came from. Later, Janelle called. She said she had been over the night before and brought Taco Bell. Oh good. I had a friend over and I don't remember it. GREAT! And apparently, I made dinner for myself. I bet it was magically delicious. We APPARENTLY watched TV and chatted for a couple of hours. She said I seemed kinda wierd, but okay.

All in all, I slept and/or functioned without memory for about 36 hours. Impressive. I feel quite rested.

Just an FYI - the date rape drug DOES work. Proceed with caution.

No comments: