Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why I Take the Elevator.

People always give me a hard time (and by 'people', I mean Francis) about taking the elevator and whining about 3 story homes. Their (and by 'their', I mean Francis)argument being that I run marathons and do triathlons and work out and blah blah blah, so a few little stairs wouldn't hurt, now would they?

HA! Ha Francis HA! I win.

My rebuttal has always been that I work out enough already. I don't need to take the 4 flights of stairs to my desk (I work on the 5th floor) or even take the stairs to the second floor of the parking garage. I already did my workout today, and frankly, I'm too tired to take the stairs. So there.

He gave me crap when I refused to even look at 3 story houses - too many stairs! And trust me, it took a solid month before my calves were used to my 2 stories...you can totally garauntee that there are nights I don't bother going up to my bedroom until bedtime...it's so high and far away!

But I think Francis finally figured it out.

Today Francis joined Tommy and I for a workout a the track. We met at 5am, which in Francis-time is close to when he normally goes to bed, but he was there (not exactly bright eyed and bushy tailed, but there) - I was impressed that he just showed up!

We did an easy 2 mile warm up and then some stretching and a few drills. This was followed by 6x300 on 3 minute intervals, 3x800 with 2 minutes rest and a 1 mile timed trial...followed by a 10-15 minute cooldown. This equates to about 7ish miles...which is also the farthest Francis had ever run in his life.

Track workouts are great because they can be as hard or as easy as you want them to be. Tommy and I can go and workout together, but he can go fast and I can go slooooow, but we still both get great workouts in.

Francis kicked butt. He did awesome. But apparently, according to co-workers, he is now hobbling around like an old man, and I recieved a message saying, "If all this healthy stuff is supposed to be good for me, why does it suck so much?".

Ha. I don't think Francis will be taking the stairs today.

Take that Francis!! Enjoy that 3rd story bedroom you have there. It's got a nice view and all, but is it worth it?

This is why I don't take the stairs.

No comments: