Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April Fools Day.

What a crappy workout I had this morning. Stupid Wednesday. As each day of the week progresses, it gets harder and harder to wake up 4:30 in the morning, put on workout clothes and get moving. Other than the fact that we are on day three of the week, I can't explain my exhaustion during my workout this morning. My workouts all week have been kind of tame because of the race this weekend, so I can't even use the old "I'm tired today, but man, I kicked arse yesterday" excuse.

Regardless, the alarm went off at 4:30, Tommy and I lazily snoozed will 4:50...ooops...and then got on our bikes. We watched Heroes and did an easy spin for about 45 minutes. I was so tired...even my easier gears were tough and I couldn't find the energy for more. Then we went for a 2.5ish mile jog...which started out great, but then the temperature dropped and my fingers froze off. But at least the run was better than the bike. The bike was brutal.

If the race wasn't this weekend, I would have pushed a little harder but there's no need. I think the plan is to do an easy run tomorrow, a mini-tri on Friday and take Saturday off. I heart days off!!

Oh, and Janelle and I watched Twilight last night. OMG. It's amazing. And Tommy didn't try to slit his wrists, so that's a good sign.

**UPDATE**
I was too tired to do pilates at lunch like I normally do - I knew I wouldn't be able to make myself do anything. So, I went to Strength and Conditiong instead. This was not a smart move a few days before a race. I told myself I would just take it easy, but let's be honest, that never happens. Soooo, I went too hard and I did too much and I'm gonna pay tomorrow. I'm gonna pay big. Should done pilates. Idiot.

No comments: