Thursday, January 12, 2006

MARATHON COUNT DOWN!!

3 days till the marathon. I can't wait. I don't normally write about anything serious, but I had to mention this. Sorry. I got this quote today in my marathon newletter - I am tool - yes, I know. Anyways,

"The marathon is a charismatic event. It has everything. It has drama. It has competition. it has comaraderie. It has heroism. Every jogger can't dream of being an Olympic champion, but he can dream of finishing a marathon." - Fred Lebow

And you guys KNOW how I cry when large groups of people come together for a common goal. I am pretty sure I will be the poofy red eyed runner on the race track. Great. As long as there aren't any children singing, I might be able to calm down a little. The Star Spangled Banner at the beginning is sure to do me in though.

But seriously, I am ready to get my social life back - I haven't been out on a Friday night in 27 weeks. Next Friday is not only pay day but my first free Friday in 6 months. Who's with me? This has been an awesome training experience - hopefully the race goes as well!! My foot hasn't bothered me in a week - just keep me in your thoughts while I run in the sweltering heat on Sunday morning. Awesome!

I can't wait!!

No comments: